Mohammad Abdo snubs Kuwait cultural festival
The annual Kuwaiti festival - Layali February - celebrates music, arts and religion from across the Arab region. It has a particular place in the heart of Kuwaitis as it comes in the same month as the country's National Day.
However, organizers have been having a hard time this year getting the region's biggest stars on board. Only a few months before the stage is set to open, legendary Saudi musician, Mohammad Abdo, has turned down his invite on the basis of "tragic events in the Arab world", according to Madam Net.
Although the emirate has seen its fair share of protests this year, Kuwait has remained relatively calm and Abdo's excuse looked like a lame one, to say the least. Now organizers have admitted that they are still "in negotiations" with a number of other stars, who so far have refused to confirm their attendance. Everyone from Nancy Ajram to Elissa are "maybes" but event busybodies are looking for RSVPs ASAP!
- Mohammad Abdo and Abdul Karim Abdul Kader in a duet for the first time ever
- Hello February cancels Ahlam's and Mohammad Abdo's concerts
- Hello February Festival to pay Mohammad Abdo 130 thousand US dollars for closing concert
- Mohammad Abdo makes Rotana’s dream a reality
- Mohammad Abdo cancels all performances