Lucy in an international film
Egyptian belly dancer/actress Lucy is preparing to film three films after the holy month of Ramadan, one of which is an international one. Lucy is currently filming the final scenes of her latest television drama “Muthakarat Saye’at Al Sum’ah” (Diary of a bad reputation).
Lucy denied rumors that the drama was banned from being aired during the holy month of Ramadan on the basis that it contained too many inappropriate dancing scenes. She stated that the Egyptian television is airing the drama exclusively and that it was not advertised to be sold to any other channel.
According to the London based Elaph, with regards to the lawsuit against the drama by lawyer Nabih Al Wahsh, Lucy stated that Nabih not only demanded that the drama be stopped from being aired during Ramadan, but also demanded that ten other dramas be removed as well claiming that they contain inappropriate scenes. Lucy added that Nabih is known to file lawsuits against television dramas at this time every year, but his attempts are rarely successful.
With regards to her role in the drama, Lucy noted that she will be playing the role of a local woman who is a thief and she encounters numerous obstacles, but overcomes them. She added that her role will be liked by viewers and she is very hopeful that the drama will witness significant success.
- Lucy: Dancer…Member of Parliament in ‘Lucy Rayha Al Magles’
- Islamists will not stop Lucy from dancing
- Not-so holy month? Belly dancer Lucy will be on our Ramadan screens
- Amr Waked's co-star, Scarlett Johansson, gives the skinny on filming "Lucy"
- Lebanon loves "Lucy"! Scarlett Johansson, Amr Waked's blockbuster tops country's box office