Mubarak Trial Facts
Speculation had arisen over whether the Pharaoh himself, Mubarak, would be in attendance at his own trial: He came in earlier today on a stretcher, and stayed in the 'docks' that way in his invalid condition.
Ousted president Hosni Mubarak faces the following charges: Alaa and Gamal Mubarak face the following charges:
• Attempted murder of protesters during the January 25 uprising.
• Inciting officers and policemen to fire live bullets at protesters and attack them with moving vehicles.
• Accepting for himself and his two sons Gamal and Alaa a mansion, four villas and other real estate in Sharm El-Sheikh worth LE 40 million in exchange of a symbolic amount.
• Abusing his authority to allow defendant Hussein Salem to possess million of square meters of land.
• Conspired with the ex-Minister of Petroleum Sameh Amin Fahmy and defendant Hussein Salem to allow the latter to profiteer to the tune of $2 billion dollars by buying Egyptian natural gas for his company, raising its stock price and exporting it to Israel at low prices in violation of the law, which led to financial losses for Egypt worth $714 million.
• Accepting and taking four villas in Sharm El-Sheikh, worth more than LE 24 million and knowing that this was in return for allowing Hussein Salem to use ex-president Mubarak’s influence to possess huge stretches of land in Sharm El-Sheikh.
Ousted president Hosni Mubarak faces the following charges:
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak face the following charges:
Hussein Salem faces the following charges:
• Giving the first defendant Mubarak and his sons Gamal and Alaa, a mansion, four villas and real estate in Sharm El-Sheikh in return for using the former president’s influence to gain possession of large stretches of land for his real estate projects in Sharm El-Sheikh.