Mystery of a shaky Jordanian Wednesday solved: Booming sounds caused by Israel.
AMMAN (JT) - The booming sounds that reverberated on Wednesday came from the Palestinian territories, Minister of State for Media Affairs and Communications and Government Spokesperson Taher Odwan said.
The thunder-like sounds emanated from explosions carried out by the Israeli occupation authorities, the reasons for which are still unknown, Odwan was quoted as saying by the Jordan News Agency, Petra, yesterday.
In a statement to Jordan Television, Odwan rejected as baseless reports that the sounds came as a result of aircraft breaking the sound barrier.
Petra quoted an official at the Natural Resources Authority as saying that the sounds were in no way related to an earthquake.
- On LGBT support (or not) in the middle east
- Informer for Israel: Jordanian man gets nine for spying
- How "progressive" is Jordan now? New court ruling on veiled women may suggest otherwise....
- Jordanian Muslim in Israel: Yitzhak Rabin's quest to honor Israel's slain PM
- Halabat: the first ever images from the new Syrian refugee camp in Jordan