‘Opposite Direction’ Host Surprised at the Deportation of his Brother from Egypt
Faisal Al Kassem, the host of the ‘Opposite Direction’ program on Al Jazira channel has expressed his regret regarding the Egyptian authorities’ decision to expel his brother, Majd al Kassem, a singer, reported Al Bayan newspaper on Sunday.
“What wrong has he done?” exclaimed Kassem, adding that his brother “considers Egypt as his homeland which he takes as a permanent place of residence.
The host of the controversial talk show linked between the deportation and the crisis between the channel and the Egyptian government, according to the paper.
Al Bayan quoted Al Kassem as saying “lets assume that I have made a mistake; what is my brother’s fault in all of this.”– Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian Music Guild to Expel anyone Working with al-Jazira TV
- Faisal Al Qassem shocked over brother’s expulsion from Egypt
- A special report from The Economist on Egypt’s potential impact to the region
- Brother: Iraqi reporter has no regrets
- Muslims but not brothers: Chilly relations between Cairo and Riyadh