100 Held in UAE for Drinking at a Mosque Site
More than 100 people were arrested on Friday evening after a fight broke out at a mosque under construction, the Gulf News reported Sunday.
A police official was quoted by the daily as saying that most of those arrested were construction workers hired to build the mosque. Others were their friends.
When the fight broke out, nearby residents called the police. Officers arrived to discover that several of those involved had been drinking in the mosque. The police searched the mosque several times and finally arrested 100 men.
A large number of police vehicles was needed to take the men to the police station, the paper said, adding that they underwent an alcohol test. As the police confirmed they had been drinking, the case changed from that of fighting in a mosque to drinking alcohol in a mosque -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt’s Antiquities Police Uncover Obelisk Base in Baker's Backyard
- Egyptian Worker Kills Employer, Eats Him and Drinks His Blood
- the latest soft drink from coca-cola in the jordanian market
- Clean Up UAE 2010, 12th December 2010
- Easter in the West Bank: Palestinian pilgrims flood to holy sites for Christian holiday