100 Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Troops Saturday
By Izzat Ramini
Albawaba.com - Ramallah
Violent confrontations continued in the West Bank and Gaza Strip on Saturday, after a month of unrest amidst calls by Palestinian leaders to escalate the Aqsa Intifada until the end of occupation and Palestinian independence.
The Palestinians buried four martyrs who were shot dead during Friday’s clashes, while a Palestinian young man from Jenin was declared clinically dead after he was injured during Friday's clashes. His death brings to 147 the number of Palestinians killed in the bloodbath that was triggered by Israeli right-wing leader Ariel Sharon's visit on September 28 to the Aqsa Mosque in east Jerusalem.
Up to Saturday evening, almost 100 Palestinians were shot and wounded in various Palestinian areas. Four of the injuries were classified as serious.
In Rafah 26 protestors were wounded, two of them, Mohammad Jazzar and Mohammad Sa’ad are in critical conditions after they were hit in the head and the chest respectively.
In the city of Beireh near Ramallah, about forty were injured, with one in a serious condition.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 100 Palestinian Wounded in Violent Confrontations with Israeli Troops Monday
- 13 Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Troops in Al Aqsa Compound
- A Palestinian Dies from Saturday Violence, More than 70 Injured by Midday Sunday
- #48KMarch to Jerusalem triggers deadly clashes
- 217 Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Army Saturday