11 Pakistani workers freed after being kidnapped in Iraq
Eleven Pakistani workers who were kidnapped in Iraq August 13 have been freed by their captors, according to Pakistani officials.
The men were apparently working for the Kuwaiti construction company Al Hamra when they were kidnapped, according to <i>Xinhuanet</i>. They will proceed to Kuwait within the next 24 hours before returning home to Pakistan.
The kidnapping occurred while the workers on their way by bus from Basra to Baghdad. Three Egyptians and two Indians were also kidnapped in the ambush.
- Five Iraqi agents, two UK soldiers killed in southern Iraq as Italian, Egyptian hostages freed
- Four Egyptians kidnapped in Baghdad as activists threaten to kill Italian journalist
- Turkish construction workers kidnapped in Iraq
- Iraq: Pakistani diplomat missing as Iraqi soldier killed north of Baghdad
- Kidnapped Turkish officials released in Iraq