$15mn Allocated to Establish 25 Egyptian IT Centers
The Cairo branch manager of the National Engineering Institute IT, Amit Gopta, announced that $15 million had been allocated for the establishment of 25 new IT centers around the country over the next three years.
Gopta said the reason behind the decision to increase the number of IT training centers came after studying the Egyptian market and assessing its need for people with specialized skills in the field of IT and communications. This is particularly important in light of initiatives by the ministry of communications to spread this technology throughout the government's various departments, ministries and educational institutions in collaboration with the private sector.
The Egyptian daily Al Ahram cited Gopta as saying that the training centers would focus in the future on e-commerce and trade through mobiles, m-commerce, due to their promising future in the years to come.
Industry analysts estimate that the number of people who will be involved in the technological aspects of exchanging data through mobiles alone will reach 240 million throughout the world by 2004 - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- EP 93 million to establish youth centers
- Iraqi Authorities Institutionalize Surcharge Despite Sharp Decline In Exports
- AUC establishes career centers in national universities
- New agricultural trade center to be established in Egypt
- Global : Saudi Arabia - Attracting investors to become part of economic growth