16 year old Palestinian killed and five arrested by Israeli troops
Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian teenager and a member of the Islamic Jihad faction on Tuesday night near the town of Nablus in the West Bank. Four other Palestinians were hurt in the incident, including a 10-year old boy who suffered moderate wounds to his chest.
The teenager killed was identified as 16-year old Muhammad Abu Salha. Salha had reportedly been in a club run by the Nablus municipality where a group of youths had congregated. Israeli authorities reported that they suspected the group of planning an attack on Israelis.
Israeli troops also shot and killed Islamic Jihad member Samr Al Ghul on Tuesday night after he refused to stop his vehicle at a military checkpoint south of Jenin.
Also overnight Wednesday, Israeli troops arrested five more Palestinians throughout the West Bank whom Israel believed to be Hamas and Islamic Jihad members, according to Haaretz. A Palestinian fighter was also reportedly injured in the northern West Bank near the town of Jenin.
Tuesday's deaths were the first lethal incidents in the West Bank in nearly a week. Following a suicide bomb that killed six Israelis on October 26 , Israel killed 17 Palestinians.
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank as Israeli forces continue raids
- Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in W. Bank, Islamic Jihad member dies of wounds
- 23 Palestinians detained by Israel since Tuesday as spate of clashes leaves several injured, two dead
- Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Three Palestinians detained by Israel amidst protests against PA crackdown