22 girls injured in Saudi school fire
Fire erupted in a school in Mecca Monday leading to minor injuries of 22 female students due to their stampede.
In a statement to the Saudi Press Agency, the Director of Mecca-based Civil Defense Department Colonel Jameel Mohammed Omar said that some students were treated on the scene and others were transferred to a hospital and later discharged.
He noted that the fire erupted in an air conditioner because of an electric short in Umm Salamah Charitable School for Memorization of the Holy Quran.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Girl critically injured in Gaza Strip as 22 Palestinians arrested in West Bank
- Saudi King Sacks Education Director for Deadly School Fire
- Girls Die in Mecca Stampede
- Girls will be Girls: Probe reveals students caused fire in Jeddah school
- Two Teachers Die, Students saved: Another Saudi Girls' School Fire