22 Moroccans die in Haj
A total of 22 Moroccan nationals, including 8 women, have died during this year's pilgrimage season in Saudi Arabia, either of natural causes or in the stampede of Mina, the Moroccan department of Habous (endowments) and Islamic affairs announced Monday.
According to MAP, four of the dead are France and Netherlands-based Moroccan expatriates. Eight pilgrims died in a stampede on Feb.1st during the devil-stoning ritual in Mina.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- King sends condolences to familiies of six Moroccan pilgrims who died in Mina
- Muslim Pilgrims Stone Satan at Start of Eid Al-Adha
- Death Toll Hits 40 as Muslims ‘Stone the Devil’ on Final Day of Hajj
- 35 Muslim Pilgrims Crushed to Death in ‘Stoning of Satan’ Tragedy at Mecca Hajj
- Saudi Arabia Identifies Hajj Accident Victims