360 MALL concludes Syrian Artist Sara Shamma’s Solo Exhibition: “Love 2009 Kuwait”
Under the patronage of Mr. Marzouq Al Marzouq, Chairman of Tamdeen Shopping Centers, Syrian artist Sara Shamma’s 3rd solo exhibition ‘Love 2009 Kuwait’, hosted by 360 Mall was recently concluded.
The exhibition showed 19 large oil paintings on canvas from her latest work.
Sara Shamma said: “It was great to visit Kuwait for the third time and showcase my work to Kuwait’s art appreciating public. My latest collection has been inspired by people that were in a state of comfort, tranquility, peace, happiness and in complete harmony with their surrounding environment which are the components that make up ‘Love’, the theme of my exhibition.”
The Syrian artist’s previous exhibitions in Kuwait included “Sara Shamma 2004”, and “Music 2007”, which were successful and gained the admiration of the Kuwaiti public.
Sara Shamma has won many accolades as well as international prizes that include:
- First prize in Latakia Biennial, Syria in 2001.
- Fourth prize at the BP Portrait Award at the National Portrait Gallery, London, UK in 2004.
- First prize Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize in 2008, at the South Australian Museum in Southern Australia.
The Syrian artist further held several solo exhibitions and has participated in many collective exhibitions across Europe, the United States, Australia and throughout the Middle East that include “Contemporary Istanbul 2009” that took place in Istanbul, Turkey.
Mrs. Fatina Al Sayed thanked Mr. Marzouq Al – Marzouq Chairman of Tamdeen Shopping Center and 360 Mall for his generosity and support for sponsoring the art event.
360 MALL’s Marketing Manager, Claudia Lopusinska said: “We are very proud to have had the opportunity to sponsor Sara Shamma’s latest exhibition. Her works are highly praised across the world.
The facilities and services within 360 MALL play a crucial role which helped it become the most innovative real estate development in the Gulf. The mix of elements such as high-end retail outlets, introducing uniquely tailored entertainment centres for the first time in shopping malls, and sumptuous dining is what sets it apart.
Sponsoring the renowned exhibition in Kuwait was yet another significant milestone in Tamdeen Shopping Centres’ aspirations to deliver world class initiatives that promote art and culture.
- 360 MALL Hosts World Largest Cultural Exhibition – Oum Kalsoum – “The Fourth Pyramid”
- 360 MALL Unveils New Brand Identity and New Website
- 360 Mall to open doors for shoppers on july 5th
- Um Kalthum Exhibition at 360 MALL Welcomes Over 60,000 Visitors
- 360 MALL Hosts Zawaya Al Shaghaf Public Awareness Programme