39 Palestinians Wounded in Clashes with Israeli Troops in Ramallah
At least 39 Palestinians were wounded in an ongoing confrontation with Israeli troops in the West Bank town of Ramallah on Tuesday, hospital sources said.
Three of the demonstrators were wounded by live rounds fired by Israeli troops, one of whom was reported to be in critical condition after being shot in the head, the sources said.
Several hours of clashes at the northern entrance to the town saw Palestinian youths blocking the road with burning tyres and pelting soldiers and military vehicles with petrol bombs, bottles and rocks.
The troops responded with a mixture of rubber-coated bullets, live rounds and tear gas – RAMALLAH, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Army Wounds 39 Palestinians in West Bank, Palestinians Respond by Killing Soldier, Settler
- Palestinian youth wounded by live fire in Ramallah clashes: medics
- Israeli Army Wounds 39 Palestinians in West Bank, Fateh Kills Settler
- Palestinian Youth Dies of Wounds during Clashes with Israeli Troops Friday
- Clashes in Ramallah; Israeli Soldier Critically Wounded; For First Time: U.N. Resolution Approves ''Vision of Palestine'