58th anniversary of the Palestinian Catastrophe
As Zionists on Wednesday celebrated Israel’s Independence Day, Israeli Arabs and Palestinians marked the Nakba (the catastrophe) resulting from the establishment of the state of Israel 58 years ago.
On the eve of Israel’s Independence Day, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas sent a message of peace to the Israelis, telling them that, “we are ready to negotiate with the Israeli government on the basis of the roadmap peace blueprint."
On May 15th, the official Nakba Day, Palestinians will commemorate their forced displacement and dispossession resulting from the establishment of the state of Israel.
By marking the Nakba Day the Palestinian people protest the dispossession of their land and the dispersion of their people in the Diaspora as a result of paving the way for establishing the state of Israel, based on the lie of “land without people for a people without land.
- ”Nakba day” commemorated in Palestine
- Nakba day: Abbas urges Israel to return to negotiating table
- More tears for Nakba Day in little town of Bethlehem when Israelis unleash rubber bullets and gas
- Israel to ban ‘nakba’ from Israeli schoolbooks
- Arafat: Just Peace Comes Only by Ending Occupation, Settlement