607 candidates decide not to run for February 20 polls
A total of 607 candidates, qualified for the upcoming Majlis elections, have decided not to run for the February 20 polls, the Interior Ministry announced on Sunday.
Out of the total number, 544 were men (91.26 per cent) and 53 women (8.73 per cent), the announcement, cited by IRNA, added.
The Guardian Council on Tuesday announced names of 5,625 candidates qualified to run for the 7th Majlis from among a list of 8,144 hopefuls registered for the election.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran: 475 hopefuls register for presidential election
- Oman's Interior Ministry Launches Election Awareness Campaign
- Iranian Council Cuts List of Presidential Candidates to 30
- Khatami says government making efforts to hold free and fair election
- Iran's Guardians Council cancels disqualifications of 200 candidates for February elections