65% of the Moroccans residing abroad wish to settle down in Morocco
According to a new poll, held by Hassan II Foundation for Moroccan expatriates, 65% of the Moroccans residing abroad (MRE) wish to settle down in their homeland, when they will retire. The survey further reveals that 28% of the MRE intend to remain in their hosting country after they retire and that 7% of the MRE still have not decided. About 79% of the people surveyed were residing abroad while the remaining 21% were actually established in Morocco, and merely traveled frequently to their hosting countries.
Another interesting reality, which was discovered by the survey, was that while 87% of the Moroccan pensioners residing abroad felt their current life quality was better than before, this same feeling was expressed by 93% of the MRE, who returned to live in Morocco.
The survey results were published during the international seminar on “Elderly Moroccans Residing Abroad”, organized by the Foundation in Rabat on last Friday.