8 Million Cases Of Food Poisoning In UK Last Year
Some 8 million people in Britain, 14 percent of the population, suffered at least one bout of food poisoning during 2000, according Iran's official news agency (IRNA), quoting a report by the Financial Times.
John Krebs the chairman of the Food Standards Agency in UK was quoted as saying "the agency found in its first annual investigation of consumer attitudes to diet and food safety, one in five cases were reported."
The chairman said a survey of 3,100 people showed widespread mistrust of government statements on food safety and the confusion about food labeling, noting that "less than half of consumers are confident about current food safety measures," -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Many food poisoning cases reported in Algerian event halls
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Dollar Battered As Chinese, Euro-Zone, and U.K. PMI Improvement, Furthers Case For Global Recovery
- Terrorist law firm turns a profit while Middle East pays
- The 2012 Skywards millionaire is chosen