ABB wins service contract for power and desalination plants in Kuwait
ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has signed an agreement with the Ministry of Electricity and Water, Kuwait's central power and water utility, to provide maintenance services related to the Doha East power station and the Shuwaikh desalination plant.
The five year contract will include the provision of technical and project management services as well as maintenance and on-site support related to the power infrastructure.
Doha East is one of Kuwait's five major base load power stations. The Shuwaikh Seawater Desalination Plant is located on Kuwait's coast, near Kuwait City. The plant has been in operation since 1953 and is a key part of Kuwait's infrastructure. With the ability to desalinate up to 90,000 tons of seawater each day, this plant accounts for 6% of the country's desalination capacity.
"Service is a key focus area for ABB, and we shall leverage our technology strengths and domain knowledge to help Kuwait maintain the efficiency and reliability of these plants," said Franz-Josef Mengede, head of ABB's global Power Generation business, in the Power Systems division.
- InStep software’s PRiSM, eDNA real time data historian solutions to be featured during the POWER GEN 2009
- ABB wins $22 million power generation order in Kuwait
- GE wins $200 million service contract for UAE power and water plant
- ABB wins $148 million order for largest water pumping plant in Kuwait
- US Firm Wins 411-Million-Dollar Contract for Omani Power Plant