Abdelkader Chaoui’s novel translated into Spanish
Translation of Moroccan writer and journalist Abdelkader Chaoui’s novel “Assafa Charafia” (Place of Honor) from Arabic into Spanish was published in “Algarbia” collection under the title “Patio de Honor”. Le Matin reports that Chaoui’s novel was translated by Gonzalo Fernandez Parrilla, professor of Arab and Islamic studies at the University of Cadiz (Andalusia) and was prefaced by Ignacio Ferrando Frutos, director of the Tolede School of Translation. Chaoui received the Literary Creativity Prize of Morocco in 2000 for this novel.
- Two Moroccan novels translated into Spanish
- Abdelkader Benali in "Astonishing Travelers" Festival
- Moroccans win Rafael Alberti and Eduardo Mendoza Prizes
- Rabat identifies Moroccans arrested in connection with Madrid blasts
- In new videotaped message: Al Qaeda claims Madrid attacks, vows more; Three Moroccans detained