Abdullah II telephones Talabani
According to PETRA, His Majesty King Abdullah II telephoned on Thursday Iraqi President Jalal Talabani and expressed solidarity with the Iraqi people over the escalating violence which targets innocent civilians.
The King stressed Jordan's condemnation of the criminal actions which aim at creating dispute among Iraqis and destabilizing security and stability in Iraq.
His Majesty also hailed the stance of the Iraqi people in preventing those who tried to create local disputes in Iraq, pointing to the recent explosions in Iraq, which killed dozens of innocent civilians including children.
For his part, Talabani expressed appreciation of Iraqi people for King Abdullah II over his efforts in helping them to overcome the current difficult circumstances, pointing to His Majesty's efforts at the regional and international levels.
- Iraqi Minister and King Abdullah II meet
- Iraqi president leaves Jordan after medical treatment
- His Majesty expresses condemnation over the assassination of Egyptian Ambassador in Baghdad.
- Iraqi president: Saddam trial to start within two months
- Iraq PM tells neighboring states to stop interfering in domestic issues