Abraaj Capital’s Al Borg Laboratories receives Accreditation ISO 15189
Egypt-based Al Borg Laboratories, the Middle East’s largest medical-testing company controlled by funds managed by Abraaj Capital, has received the accreditation ISO15189 from Swedish Board for Accreditation and Conformity Assessment (SWEDAC). Al Borg is today the first and only accredited (ISO15189) and certified (ISO9001-2008) laboratory in Egypt.
According to Dr Ahmed El Saifi, Founder and Chairman of Al Borg Laboratories, Al Borg has been preparing for the accreditation for the last 2 years as it continues to ensure highest standards of quality and industry best practice are provided to its large and growing client base.
Accreditation is a stamp of quality ensuring that all tests are done in conformity with highest international standards and that test results from different companies are genuinely comparable. Certificates and other documents issued under accreditation are recognized across Europe and in many other countries in the world. This facilitates trade across national borders, and guarantees that the results shown on the documents do not need to be retested in other countries.
“The accreditation comes as a continuation to Al Borg’s efforts to raise the quality standards of the medical testing industry in the region to match those found only in developed countries, and will help Al Borg in winning outsourcing opportunities from Europe and the GCC” said Ahmed Badreldin, Executive Director at Abraaj Capital.
- Green glue noiseproofing compound receives UL recognition for fire safety in North America
- Libyan Air Crash DNA Samples to Trimega Laboratories for Analysis
- Abraaj Capital partners with Al Borg Laboratory to expand healthcare services in Egypt and across MENASA region
- Biolab inaugurates a new branch in Al-Bayader area
- Biolab inaugurates new branch in the Marj Al Hamam area