Abu Dhabi Boasts New Traffic Control System
Abu Dhabi Municipality and Town Planning Department has launched a new state-of-the-art traffic control system, Khaleej Times reports. The closed TV-circuit (CTVC) is part of a master plan aimed at improving traffic network in the capital, revealed Ali Al Sharqi, head of the municipality's traffic signals department.
He added the project included the setting up of an integrated network of traffic signals to control traffic and pedestrian movement at the junctions and other locations on busy roads. The network connects several control points to the main control centre based at the municipality.
The new system will allow round-the-clock monitoring of traffic movement, identifying density in all directions and help upgrade traffic control strategies, Al Sharqi conveyed. Abu Dhabi municipality handles the operation of traffic system in the capital in cooperation with the traffic police. (Albawaba.com)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai Uses Radio Reports to Ease Traffic Jams
- Electronic System to Cope with Traffic Jam in Egypt
- GAM Offers New Tender to Import LED Traffic Lights
- Smart Traffic System to be operational in Dubai from October 2006
- The Greater Amman Municipality Prepares a Master Plan for the Capital's Public Transport and Traffic