Advanced Health Conference Held in Oman
Six prominent British physicians lectured at a conference in Oman on the significance of recent developments in the medical sector and the role of universities in medical research field, al-Watan daily reports.
The conference, sponsored by Sultan Qaboos University, is part of the country's attempt to expand its medical knowledge regarding certain ailments such as blood disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity. Dr. Saud Ben Nasir a-Riyami, Vice President of the University, said that the Omani society is a young one with 60 percent under 20 years. This is a critical age category where many face reoccurring diseases, requiring assistance from medical, educational and vaccination programs.
The conference's first session included lectures on the digestion system, health & heredity and blood cancer. The second session discussed breast cancer treatment, nutrition, obesity & its control centers in the nervous system.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Nawras CEO to discuss latest broadband advancements during Telecoms World Middle East Conference
- GE Healthcare highlights advanced cardio care technologies at Saudi Heart Association scientific conference
- Second Advanced Rheumatology Review Conference to be held
- Lectures on snakes in Oman
- Workshop on health and the environment to be held at Education City