Afghan intelligence officers shoot, kill suicide bomber before planned Kabul attack
Afghan national army soldiers in Kabul, Afghanistan. (AFP/File)
Intelligence officials on Saturday shot dead a suicide bomber sent by the Haqqani network before reaching his target in central capital Kabul, the spy service said.
A statement from the National Directorate of Security said the suicide bomber, Abbas, was identified and killed by the spy-service members before blowing himself up in the jurisdiction of 17th police district of Kabul city.
“Afghanistan’s security and defense forces are capable to neutralise any threat to the honour of Afghans. Terrorists who take orders from foreigners to martyr innocent civilians and national soldiers will be all eliminated,” it added.
- Taliban attack kills two aid workers in Afghanistan
- Palestinian Suicide Bomber Injures ''Shin Beit'' Personnel; Woman Suicide Bomber in Jerusalem Identified As Wafa Idris
- Playground bomb blast kills nine, injures 30 in Kabul
- Suicide bomber kills Israeli cop; Palestinian, two Israelis shot dead in West Bank; Israel rejects ceasefire plan
- Islamic suicide bombers kill 29 at Kashmir assembly building