Ahead of Abu Mazen, Sharon meeting: Suicide bomber kills two settlers in Hebron
An Israeli couple was killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up at around 7:30 PM (1630 GMT) Saturday next to homes of Jewish settlers in the West Bank city of Hebron.
The attack came less than two hours before Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his Palestinian counterpart Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) were to meet in Israel, for the first talks between the leaders of the two sides in almost three years.
Israeli sources said that the bomber was disguised as a religious Jew. He approached a military post. When the soldiers called to on the man to stop, he fled and blew himself up next to two settlers nearby.
Meanwhile, in clashes in the Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun, occupied earlier this week by Israeli forces, a Palestinian was killed by Israeli gunfire, doctors said. Nine people were wounded, including five teenage boys.
On Friday, an Israeli soldier was seriously wounded when an explosives device blew up near a tank in the Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanun. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip; Abu Mazen calls to stop suicide attacks
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip as PLC set to meet; Sources: Sharon to meet Abu Mazen
- Suicide Bomber Wounds Israeli Soldiers, Sharon Weighs Response to PFLP Assassination
- Suicide Bomber Killed, Dozens Injured in Jerusalem Bomb Blasts
- Two Suicide Bombers Killed in Gaza Strip