Ahead of Summit: Cheney Speaks With Saudi Crown Prince, Yemeni President
US Vice President Dick Cheney telephoned Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz overnight on the eve of the Arab summit in Beirut, the official SPA news agency reported.
The two reviewed "Middle East peace efforts and regional and international developments," SPA said Tuesday.
Abdullah will present his peace initiative to the summit offering Israel normal relations with Arab states in exchange for full withdrawal from territories occupied since 1967.
Cheney also called Yemeni President Ali Adullah Saleh who praised US "pressure" on Israel to allow Arafat to travel, the official SABA news agency reported. (Albawaba.com)
- Arab League Chief, Saudi Crown Prince Held Talks; Peace Proposal To Be Presented Just If Arafat Attends Arab Summit
- PA Official: U.S. “Promised” Saudis Arafat Can Attend Arab Summit
- Saudi Crown Prince Accepts Invitation to Visit Washington; Cheney Visits Bahrain, Qatar
- Riyadh Pledges Support to Arafat at US Summit
- Yemeni President Returns Home from Brief Visit to Saudi Arabia