Ahmadinejad calls to defend right of jailed U.S. reporter
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad issued a letter on Sunday to Tehran’s prosecutor Saeed Mortazavi, calling for administration of justice in dealing with the cases of detained reporters Roxana Saberi and Hossein Derakhshan.
According to the Presidential office, the letter urged Tehran’s prosecutor to precisely handle the case, observe administration of justice and ensure that the accused persons can freely and legally defend themselves.
Iran's revolutionary court sentenced an Iranian national working for a number of foreign media, Roxana Saberi to eight years in jail on charges of espionage, it was announced on Saturday. Saberi is also holding a U.S. citizenship.
- Saeed Mortazavi to interrogate demonstrators
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Israel destroys bomber home, makes arrests as US says Israel has right to defend itself
- U.S. says ''Israel has a right to defend itself'' following Khan Younis carnage; Two Palestinians killed in West Bank
- Palestinian jailed after claiming he was Jewish to practice sex with Israeli woman