Ahmadinejad: End of US empire imminent
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday predicted end of the US empire saying that the world countries should get ready for a situation when the US hegemony perishes. Talking to Iran's ambassadors to the Persian Gulf states, he called for efforts to establish a long-term and lasting relations with the Persian Gulf countries.
According to IRNA, he reiterated that the sensitive Middle East region is among the most crucial and complicated part of Iran's foreign policy. The Iranian leader condemned presence of foreign forces in the region, saying that involvement of foreign forces in local affairs of the regional countries has created tension in the entire region.
He said that it s crucial for the Gulf states to strengthen ties and that the US threats should not harm the "amicable and profound" relations between Iran and the Persian Gulf countries.
As to the enemies attempt to "sow discord" among regional nations, he assured the Gulf countries that Tehran advocates peace and stability in the region and that all enemies' anti-Iran allegations are "baseless and sheer lie."
- Iranian DM: Foreign forces should leave Gulf region
- Iran FM: Persian Gulf countries should reconsider security systems
- Kuwaiti Prime Minister receives Iranian Ambassador
- Kuwaiti Senior Official: Kuwait Enjoys Good Relations With Iran
- Iranian official: US military presence in Gulf complicates security situation