Ahmed Maher to Head Egypt Delegation to Doha OIC Meeting
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher will head his country’s delegation to the emergency conference of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) scheduled to be held in Doha on Wednesday.
The Cairo-based daily Al Ahram said that the conference would be preceded by a consultative meeting for the Arab foreign ministers on Tuesday.
Diplomatic sources told the paper that the meeting would focus on the consequences of the terrorist attacks in the US on September 11, and mechanisms to counter the “brutal attacks” on Islam.
The sources said that participants would highlight the role of dialogue to avoid conflict between civilizations and reach common ground to combat international terrorism.
On Sunday, Cairo will host a conference on tolerance in Islam and its opposition to killing civilians and other acts of terrorism.
The meeting is expected to attract the participation of Muslim clerics and officials - Albawaba.com
- Following Maher visit in Jerusalem: Mubarak thanks Sharon, PLO delegation arrives to Cairo to apologize
- UAE Participates in OIC Meeting
- Official Source: OIC Meeting to Open as Scheduled
- Egyptian FM Meets with Sudanese Rebel Leader ahead of US Delegation's Visit
- UAE delegation leaves for Doha women conference