Ahrar welcomes oil investment, but security and corruption concerns remain
The deal announced yesterday between Shell and Petronas and the Majnoon oil field is a step to securing Iraq's financial future but much more is needed and that will only be achieved through a stable and secure environment for investment.
Ayad Jamal Aldin said, "This latest investment by the Shell and Petronas companies is welcome but it does highlight the environment in which such deals are made."
"Iraq, with its resources and skilled workforce should be invested in much more heavily, but that investment is being deterred by the lack of security and corrupt behaviour of Ministry of Oil officials."
"Ahrar would ensure that corruption is rooted out by suspending those suspected of corrupt dealings pending an investigation and by bridging the sectarian divide which causes insecurity and harm to Iraq's infrastructure."
"Only by voting for Ahrar, can Iraqis be sure that the goals of an independent, corruption-free and united Iraq are met."
For more information on Ayad Jamal Aldin and the Ahrar party see: ahrarparty.com
- Iraq: Ahrar party submits candidates' names to electoral commission
- Ayad Jamal Aldin reveals the truth about corruption and sectarian violence in Iraq
- Ahrar Leader Renews Call for Iraqi Representation at "Iraq Inquiry" Hearing
- Ayad Jamal Aldin exposes Iranian threat in Iraq, calls on UN to monitor elections
- Interview with Ayad Jamal Aldin