Air Arabia named ‘Middle East’s leading low-cost airline’ at World Travel Awards
Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle East and North Africa, announced today that it has been named the “Middle East’s leading low-cost airline” for the third consecutive year at the recent World Travel Awards.
Launched in 1993, the World Travel Awards aims to separate the good from the outstanding by encouraging world-class competition and stimulating innovation and creativity.
Having recently launched operations at its third hub in Alexandria, Egypt, as well as announcing plans to launch a fourth hub in Amman, Jordan, 2010 has been extremely positive for the Middle East’s first, largest and most popular LCC.
Hailed as the Oscars of the travel industry by the Wall Street Journal, the World Travel Awards serve to acknowledge, reward and celebrate the enormous achievements in all sectors of the global travel industry. Winners are decided by votes received from agents and travel professionals in the Middle East and throughout the world.
Air Arabia currently provides service to 65 routes across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia from its hubs in UAE, Morocco and Egypt.
- Air Arabia named Best Low-Cost Airline, Middle East at Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Air Arabia named ‘Best Low-Cost Carrier’ at World Tourism Forum Awards in Istanbul
- Middle East and Africa carriers lead in airline IT investment
- Kanoo Travel wins Outstanding Sales Achievement Award for 2010 from Korean Air
- Air Arabia named ‘Best Low-Cost Airline’ at Business Traveller Awards Middle East