Air France flight status update: No survivors expected
An Air France plane that was reported missing over the Atlantic Ocean could have been hit by lightning, a spokesman for the French carrier said, according to Reuters.
Earlier, Air France said the plane had reported an electrical fault via an automatic message that was sent after it flew through a stormy area. According to AFP, an automatic error message was sent at 0214 GMT Monday, claiming a “fault in an electronic circuit” during its flight from Rio de Janeiro towards Paris. Sources said the plane didn't have enough fuel to still be flying and thus claimed the plane crashed and no survivors expected.
- AirFrance plane crash - debris located; Five Lebanese feared dead
- Air France black box signal turns to be false alarm
- Air France rejects reports Moroccan detained after threatening to blow up plane
- Plane crash in Turkey: At least 72 killed
- Unknown group claims ''attack'' on Egyptian charter plane, vows to strike Air France