Ajman City Centre marks World Diabetes Day
Ajman City Centre has tied up Ministry of Health and today hosted a 'Walk for Diabetes' event, under the patronage of His Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan Ali, Minister of Health.
Hundreds of school students, private hospitals and government employees participated in the two kilometre long walk, which kicked off from Khalifa Hospital, Ajman at 10am. Diabetes is one of the biggest health problems currently affecting people in the UAE, with an estimated 20-30% of the population suffering from the disease.
The walk finished at a special diabetes awareness camp that has been set up in the parking area (Gate no. 3) of Ajman City Centre in association with the Ministry of Health. Through this camp, which is free for all mall visitors until November 13th, the Ministry of health aims to educate patients about managing their condition in order to prevent future complications.
- Ajman City Centre Marks International Health Day
- imperial college london diabetes centre joins the world diabetes day monument challenge “light up the skyline!”
- More than 100 RAK Ceramics employees take part in diabetics checkup program held in association with Ministry of Health
- Ajman City Centre joins with the Ministry of Health to increase awareness on diseases
- Free Diabetes Testing for UAE residents