Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim Jerusalem shooting attack; One Israeli killed
Assailants in a passing car shot and killed a man walking along a street in the French Hill neighborhood in Jerusalem on Friday evening, according to Israel Radio.
The man, 21, who was shot in the head and critically injured, was taken to hospital for treatment, and later died of his wounds.
Police spokesman Shmulik Ben-Ruby said that the man was jogging at the time of the incident. According to police estimates, the car fled the scene towards the Palestinian village of Issawiya. Israeli police were sweeping the area near Issawiya and towards the West Bank city of Ramallah.
Later, the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility for the shooting. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian girl shot dead as Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades apologize for killing Arab student in Jerusalem
- One Israeli killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims responsibility for shooting attacks in West Bank; Four Israelis killed
- Two Palestinians shot dead after injuring four Israelis in east Jerusalem
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for settler killing as three Palestinians shot dead