Al-Assad congratulates Lebanon
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Monday congratulated President Emile Lahoud of Lebanon on the occasion of Lebanon’s National Day.
“Syria is keen on the fraternal ties between Syria and Lebanon to be on the level that both peoples want and seek for in a way that accords with the existing historical and social ties,” the cable of congratulation said, according to SANA.
President al-Assad, in his own name and in the name of the Syrian people, expressed best wishes to the Lebanese President and people.
- Assad: North Lebanon becomes real threat to Syria
- Assad: Withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon connected to Mideast peace process
- Syrian President congratulates Chad President
- Assad declares full withdrawal from Lebanon without providing specific dates
- Lebanon: ''1 million'' people demonstrate in support of Syria