AL chief condemns Istanbul bombings, but holds Israel responsible
Arab League Secretary-General Amr Mussa condemned Saturday the bombing of two synagogues in Istanbul, but held Israel responsible for inciting terrorism.
Mussa told reporters at the Arab League headquarters that Israel's constant violations of international resolutions promoted a view that"everything can be violated", and "this is one of the repercussions."
According to SPA, he added that the attack against civilians in Turkey was "unacceptable", but "ignoring Israel's constant aggressions will, unfortunately, only lead to more civilian victims." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab League slams Israel over attempt to kill Hamas leader
- Following Kadhafi, Mussa Talks: Libya Confirms Participation At Arab Summit; Libya May Postpone Arab League Quit Threat
- Arab League chief may quit
- Arab League Secretary General rejects Kuwaiti charges of supporting Saddam
- UN Ready to Deploy Troops in Lebanon