AL chief condemns Istanbul bombings, but holds Israel responsible
Arab League Secretary-General Amr Mussa condemned Saturday the bombing of two synagogues in Istanbul, but held Israel responsible for inciting terrorism.
Mussa told reporters at the Arab League headquarters that Israel's constant violations of international resolutions promoted a view that"everything can be violated", and "this is one of the repercussions."
According to SPA, he added that the attack against civilians in Turkey was "unacceptable", but "ignoring Israel's constant aggressions will, unfortunately, only lead to more civilian victims." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Weighs Response to Nightclub Suicide Bombing
- Rishon Letzion bombing attack: Sharon blames Arafat, considers “very harsh” response; PA condemns
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Haifa Bus Attack; Arafat Issues Condemnation and Calls for Urgent Meeting
- Syria condemns Istanbul bombing attacks
- Syria condemns Istanbul bombings