Al Qaeda calls on Muslims to reject Obama speech in Cairo
In a new audiotape posted on the Web, Osama bin Laden's deputy on Tuesday sais President Barack Obama's upcoming speech to the Islamic world in Egypt will not change the "bloody messages" the American army is sending Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. According to the AP, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahri stated the Egyptian officials who welcome the American leader are U.S. "slaves" and have turned their country into an "international station of torture in America's war on Islam."
Al-Zawahri called on Egyptians to reject Obama when he speaks at Cairo University on Thursday. Al Qaeda No. 2 added: Obama "came seeking, through ploy, to win what he had failed to acquire in the battlefield. After the mujahideen foiled America's crusader projects in Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia".
- Obama in Egypt: Cairo University speech (full text)
- Obama speech in Cairo - call for ”new beginning” between US and Muslims
- Obama Cairo speech: Arabs see change in US tone and policy
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Egyptian Government Comments on President Obama's Speech in Cairo