Al Qaeda member kills five Saudi policemen
Five Saudi policemen died Tuesday by a suspected "terrorist" who went on a rampage. A Saudi Interior ministry statement said the gunman was arrested.
The ministry stated he shot dead three policemen at a checkpoint in northern Qassim province.
The gunman earlier killed two policemen on patrol near the town of Buraida. Al Arabiya television network said the man was on a list of 36 wanted "militants" linked to al Qaeda.
- Death toll in Saudi town of Dammam hits eight as police battle Al Qaeda members
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- At least two Saudi policemen killed in shootout
- Six gunmen, two policemen killed in firefight north of Riyadh
- Tunisia clashes: gunman killed, two police wounded