Al-Qaeda No. 2 slams Obama
Al-Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri has slammed US President-elect Barack Obama, calling him a demeaning racial term implying that Obama is a black American who does the bidding of whites.
In an audio message which appeared on militant Web sites Wednesday, al-Zawahri said that Obama is "the direct opposite of honorable black Americans" like Malcolm X. He called Obama a "house negro."
He added that Obama's plan to shift troops to Afghanistan is doomed to failure, because Afghans will resist. "The dogs of Afghanistan have found the flesh of your soldiers to be delicious, so send thousands after thousands of them."
The message is the first public comment by al-Qaeda about Obama's electoral victory. "It appears that you don’t know anything about the Muslim Ummah (nation) and its history, and the fate of the traitors who co-operated with the invaders against it, and don’t know anything about the history of Afghanistan and its free and defiant Muslim people."
The audio plays over still pictures of al-Zawahri, Malcolm X praying and Obama with Jewish leaders.
- Jon Voight slams Obama of being “false prophet”
- Al-Qaeda No. 2 slams leaders of Egypt and Palestinians
- In new tape: Al Qaeda no. 2 slams French decision to ban Islamic veil as Pakistan troops launch fresh hunt for bin Laden
- Al-Qaeda No. 2 slams proposed US reforms for the Middle East
- Al-Qaeda No. 2 calls for help in Iraq fight, slams Hamas