Al Qaeda plans '\'death blow'\' against American during Ramadan
The al-Qaeda network is planning a "death blow" against Americans during the month of Ramadan, a Saudi magazine reported in its issue due out Friday.
"Al-Qaeda is going to carry out a death blow against Americans during the month of Ramadan," Al-Majallah said, quoting an e-mail sent by Abu Mohammed al-Ablaj, identified as a high-level member of the al-Qaeda organization.
Ablaj, who regularly communicates with the London-based weekly via e-mail, did not specify where the threatened strike would be carried out.
"Muslims have the right to draw the blood of Americans, civilian or military, everywhere in the world," Ablaj added.
"(Osama) Bin Laden has ordered his supporters to carry out a guerrilla war against Arab and Muslim countries where there is an American military and commercial presence," Ablaj said.
"The guerrilla war decided by bin Laden and his assistants won't be limited to martyr operations mentioned in his last two messages. This (war) will be carried out by other means and (using) different types of weapons," he added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 'The Libyan' AQ's # 2 wiped off US terror map: what about 1,3,4,5?
- Iraq: Civilian deaths on rise, U.S. says Sadr order to boost fight against al Qaeda
- American in Arabia blows Bin Laden's cowboy cover
- With Bin Laden’s death, Yemen threat comes into focus
- Eid not so Sa'eed? 11 reasons Muslims got that summertime sadness this Eid-al-Fitr