Al Qaeda spokesman threatens to launch harder strikes against U.S., Israel
Al-Qaeda threatens faster, harder strikes against the United States and Israel "on land, air and sea" in a new statement attributed to Osama bin Laden's network on an Islamic website Sunday.
"The Jewish Crusader coalition will not be safe anywhere from the fighters' attacks," the statement said. "We will hit the most vital centers and we will strike against its strategic operations with all possible means."
The statement was attributed to al-Qaeda spokesman, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith. The web site, which has posted previous statements attributed to the network, included what appeared to be an old newspaper photograph of Abu Ghaith with the statement posted Sunday.
"We will chase the enemy with terrifying weapons," the statement said. "We have to widen our fighting fronts and conduct more concentrated and faster operations ... so (the enemy) feels unsafe and unstable on land, air and sea."
The statement, attributed to Abu Ghaith, also claimed responsibility for the Nov. 28 attacks on Israelis in Kenya. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- ''Al Qaeda'' statement claims Kenya attacks
- Al-Qaeda threatens surprising attacks against American, Jewish targets
- Al-Qaeda spokesman claims Tunisian synagogue bombing, vows new attacks on U.S. targets
- Al-Qaeda spokesman daughter granted Kuwaiti citizenship
- Al-Qaeda in Iraq vows to carry out ”major attacks”