Al Seef Street to Host World Artists
Al Seef Street, the scenic street fronting the Dubai creek, will host an exhibition of handicrafts by artists from all over the world. This will take place during the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) from March 1 to 31.
According to Khaleej Times, artisans from all around the globe will join together, in order to give visitors a taste of traditional techniques of making handicrafts, providing a contrast to machine-made products available everywhere today.
Al Seef Street will look like a huge open workshop, as over 70 artisans from such countries as Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Oman, China, Russia, Uzbekistan, Romania, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Iran and Turkey will decorate the place with their works.
They will provide demonstrations and exhibit their special products for all to see and enjoy. Local artisans, demonstrating their unique skills at producing handicrafts will join the artists from abroad.
The marvelous and exciting exhibits will feature such crafts as pottery, glassware, metal engraving, carpet making, bronze products and carving on wood and other materials.
Ibrahim Abdulrahim, Administration Director of DSF, declared: "We have chosen handicrafts that are easy to demonstrate in an open area.” Some of the products will involve the skills of more than one person. "The whole area will thus display the striking peculiarities of handicrafts of each participating country." (Albawaba.com)
- Artists display stunning works at Al Seef Street
- 140 Dubai Carnivals performers throng Dubai Outlet Mall and Seef Street
- This year's Fete de la Musique will fill the Beirut streets with strains of music once again
- French-Tunisian street artist El Seed (R) looks on as he paints a creation on a wall of the Institut du Monde Arabe (IMA, Arab World Institute)
- International street artists take on the streets of Tehran