Algeria wins the best couscous award
Algeria won the best couscous award during a contest held in the eighth International Couscous Festival, which was held in Sicily (Italy) between 20 and 25 September. El Moudjahid reports that the annual couscous festival of Sicily took place in the northwestern fishing town of San Vito La Capo, which is known as the capital of couscous in Italy. Best chefs from Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Israel, Ivory, Senegal and Sicily took part in the festival. The couscous made by the Algerian chef Sid Ali Lahlou was selected as the best couscous in the contest.
- Sabah al-Jazaeri wins best actress as Oran Arab Film Festival concludes in Algeria
- Rendezvous with Sicily in Tunisia
- Ooredoo wins “Best Mobile Operator” at World Communication Awards
- Burgan Bank Group wins Best Banking Group in MENA 2012 award
- Cheb Mami wins the Monaco Musical Award for best Arab singer