Algerian Army Destroys Logistic Base for ‘Terrorists’
The Algerian army has destroyed an important base of a terrorist group near Blida, 50 km western Algier, according to Elkhabar daily.
The base is thought to belong to the men of Antar Zouabri, the GIA leader, who “ has lost an important logistic support,” according to the Algerian paper in its online version Wednesday.
During the military operation, four members of the group have been killed, and their machine guns seized, the paper said.
There have been unconfirmed reports that Zouabri was killed in one of the operations carried out by the Algerian army.
Violence in Algeria, which started in 1992, has claimed more than 100,000 lives in the Arab African country.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algerian Paper Says ‘Gulf Emirs’ behind Country’s Wild Animals’ Extinction
- French, Qatari and Syrian suicide bombers target Iraqi army base
- Lebanese army kills three militants, destroys rocket launcher in Arsal
- Daesh sympathiser charged in suicide car bomb plot at US army base
- IS attacks military bases in Anbar