Algerian education sector features more than 7 million pupils
The Algerian ministry of education announced that more than 7 million pupils will start all school levels on September 10th in 22,783 education institutions scattered across the country, reported the September 4 edition of Al-Khabar newspaper. All in all, there are 340,000 teachers and 153,000 administrative workers in the Algerian educational sector.
This year will feature the last phase of the reform in the curriculum of the country's high schools.
As for the facilities in the education sector, there are more than 10,000 school restaurants. The ministry of interior is responsible to purchase 1,300 buses by 4 billion Algerian Dinars ($56 million) and to open 40 new medical units for the pupils.
- UAE Official: English-Language Textbooks 'Must Comply with Islamic Beliefs'
- Qataris’ salaries in the education sector
- More than 150 DWC students participate in 'Reading in Schools' community service project
- Persistent post-Arab Spring cronyism: Algerian businessmen are pouring endless cash in Bouteflika's re-election
- Abu Dhabi Education Council hosts world leaders from government, business, education and third sector