Algerian FM claims: Syria accepted Arab initiative
The Foreign Minister of Algeria Mourad Medelci on Tuesday said that an agreement is reached with the Syrians during a meeting with the Arab Commission held in the Qatari capital Doha.
Earlier, a senior diplomat in the Arab League said that Syria will give on Tuesday a final response to Qatari officials on the Arab initiative aimed at stopping the violence and find a political solution to the crisis in Syria. The diplomat told AFP in Cairo that the Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem requested Monday amendments to the Arab initiative ... and has the approval for some minor changes.
He added that the Arab delegation asked the Syrian minister for a final response Tuesday ahead of the meeting of the Arab foreign ministers scheduled for Wednesday in Cairo.
The Secretary-General of the Arab League, Nabil el-Arabi revealed that the Arab plan for Syria includes the withdrawal of military forces from the cities and neighborhoods, stop the violence immediately and start a dialogue in Cairo between the Syrian regime and all components of the opposition.
- Algerian Military Delegation Meets Syrian DF
- Qatari Minister Meets Ambassadors of Algeria and Syria
- Algerian FM: Arab summit not ”summit of normalization”
- Syrian FM in Algeria, says Israel will have to bend to Palestinian demands
- Syrian President In Saudi Arabia For Talks; Jordan FM: No Syrian-Lebanese Reservation On Saudi Peace Initiative