Algerian Minister Highlights Importance of Jordan-Algeria Trade Agreement
The 1999 Jordan-Algeria trade agreement is one of the most important inter-Arab agreements, Algerian minister of industry, Abdul Majeed Manasrah, was quoted by the Jordan Times newspaper as saying Sunday.
But he said that further efforts were also needed to overcome lingering trade obstacles between the two sides.
Manasrah is on a two-day official visit to Amman to discuss ways of strengthening bilateral trade ties, said the paper.
Manasrah said trade obstacles are expected to be worked out during May's joint Jordanian-Algerian meeting in Algiers.
According to Manasrah, the 1999 agreement exempts all Jordanian and Algerian products from taxes and customs duty upon entry to their respective markets.
This resulted in JD13 million in trade for 2000, with Jordan exporting JD12 million in national goods, said the minister -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan, Algeria Sign Accord to Forge Mechanism for Political Consultation
- UAE and Algeria discuss measures to strengthen bilateral trade relations
- Algeria took part in joint meeting of Arab ministers of trade
- Financing and investing agreement signed between Algerian and Libyan banks
- UAE Minister of Economy leads UAE delegation to the 6th Session of the UAE-Algerian Joint Commission