Algerians urged to participate in April 8th presidential election
On the 13th day of the race for April 8th presidential election, all six candidates once again urged the Algerian public to vote en masse for either continuity or change.
According to APS, Abdelaziz Bouteflika called on voters to express their choice freely and to endow the country with a strong president, recalling his "achievements" in his five-year first term of office, notably civil harmony.
Bouteflika noted that Algeria "devoted 47% of its foreign currencies to pay the debt, while only 17% are used today. Similarly, the GDP moved from $1300 to $2300 per year and per inhabitant."
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algerian president vows '\'transparency'\' in April elections
- Algeria's President seeking re-election
- Six candidates approved for Algeria presidential election
- Presidential candidates stress importance of election
- Algerian opposition calls for election boycott in response to Bouteflika's re-election bid