Algiers football stadiums in rickety condition
Algiers football stadiums are in a critical situation and constitute a big concern for fans and sports authorities. The recent collapse of a slab at "20 August 55" stadium last Wednesday, resulting in the postponement of a game, highlighted the problem of at the Algeruan capital's stadiums and fields.
The bureau of the National Football League (LNF) stressed earlier this month the "serious run-down state" of sports facilities in "El Harrach", "20 August 55", "Kouba", "Bologhine" and "Zioui" stadiums, APS reported.
The Zioui stadium (Hussein Dey), for instance, has been closed since the end of last season. The same goes for "El Harrach" stadium, which closed its doors for renovation works. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia Donates $350,000 for Palestinian Football Stadiums
- Moroccan Bid for 2006 World Cup - Alive and Kicking
- Kuwaiti Contactor Seeks Thai Partner to Build Stadium
- Turning soccer stadiums into multimedia high-tech arenas with network technology
- Tickets Go on Sale for Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium’s Inaugural Event